Homeowners or Self Build
See how Greenworks can help you with your Greywater
There are a number of technologies and products which enable end users to use less water, and allow builders to gain valuable points in the Code for Sustainable Homes and conform to mandatory standards.
33% of our average water usage comes from showers, basins and baths. This grey water can be recycled and reused for the flushing of toilets, which are calculated to use a further 30% of domestic water usage.
EcoPlay Grey water recycling system
The Ecoplay grey water recycling system is easy to install in newly built houses and renovation projects. The space it occupies is minimal and it will fit in any space in which a standard toilet can be installed. It also requires very little adaptation to the piping.
The Ecoplay system consists of three key parts, which are:
- The Cleaning Tank - Where the water is collected and cleaned.
- The Storage Tank - Where the water is stored post-cleaning. The total capacity amounts to approximately 100 litres.
- The Control Unit - An advanced built-in computer system that monitors water quality, detects householder activity (how often water is drained and how often the the toilet is flushed) and monitors how long water is stored. It automatically drains water before storing it for too long to prevent it becoming stale.
HydoCyc Grey water recycling system
The HydroCyc recycles grey water (bath, basin, shower) and treats it above and beyond the safety standards required for the flushing of toilets.
Water feeds from the grey water sources by gravity into the HydroCyc. Using patented cyclonic technology, water is treated and then pumped back up into the header tank to be used for toilet flushing. The main base unit is generally situated in either the kitchen or utility room.
Benefits of Greywater recycling
- Reduces water bills without changing the user's behaviour.
- Easy to install and maintenance free.
- Removes need for complex water treatment.
- Reduces the amount of potable water supplied to a household thus making it easier to comply with the Code for Sustainable Homes
Am I eligible?
Grey water recycling systems are easy to install and can be discreetly concealed out of view. General builder and plumbers will be able to install these systems, however, they are most suited to new build and renovation projects.
Funding and Grants
Although funding and grants are not available for Grey water recycling, products do award points in the Code for Sustainable Homes. The water conservation category alone is worth 9% in the Code for Sustainable Homes.
You can view or download the below brochures from Greenworks approved suppliers, before requesting an online quote.
Please fill in the form below for one of our renewables specialists to contact you for a no-obligation initial estimate for your Grey Water Recycling System.