What is SAP?
Standard Assessment Procedure, or SAP as it is more commonly known, is the Government’s method for measuring the energy rating of a building.
SAP calculates a dwelling’s CO2 emissions, along with likely energy costs for space, water heating and lighting per square metre, producing a score between 1-100. The higher the number, the more energy efficient the property is.
The Build Aviator SAP Assessment Service:
- Our expert assessors take your plans and provide you with a compliant product specification to the latest building regulations
- We provide a list of materials required meaning your assessment has been undertaken using actual u-values rather than notional values. This offers a significantly more accurate representation of the energy rating of your dwelling
- We ensure all the products listed are locally available saving time with material procurement
- We include our Registered Construction Details (RCDs) into your assessment, providing you with build details and points to watch to minimise thermal bridging at junctions. These RCDs have been approved by Local Authority Building Control, further supporting your compliance
- Along with a full SAP report, you’ll also receive an on-site compliance support pack containing a SAP summary, product specification with associated U-values, RCDs and support documents for end of build testing
But we don’t just assist you with the SAP assessment, we’ll also provide an on-site compliance pack to help you translate what has been designed into on-site construction, supporting you with your building control inspections.
The Build Aviator On-site Compliance Support Pack
This comprehensive document has been designed to support you and your sub-contractors, enabling you to easily illustrate the building methods used to comply with Building Regulation requirements.
What’s included in the pack?
- SAP summary report including a product listings
- U-value calculations
- Associated Registered Construction Details with material selection information
- An on-site checklist
- Air tightness testing notes and advice
- Acoustic testing notes and recommendations
- Sign-off inspection sheets
- Details of value added products
- Useful contacts
Once your SAP assessment has been completed you’ll receive this complimentary pack.